After the success of Artichoke’s previous project trainee schemes, we are delighted to be able to offer a number of project traineeships on Lumiere London. The scheme offers the opportunity for those who are interested in developing a career in artistic event management to gain experience of working on a large-scale outdoor arts event as well as access to expert knowledge and training seminars with the Lumiere team. The scheme is specifically targeted at those from or based in London.
Five successful candidates will gain experience across a number of roles:
- Production Assistant – supporting the Producers on a variety of practical and administrative aspects of the festival.
- VIP and Artist Liaison – welcoming national and international artists and guests to the city and supporting them during their stay.
- Volunteer Assistant – supporting the recruitment, training and management of festival volunteers.
- Communications Assistant – supporting the Communications team to help them deliver their marketing and press strategy, enhancing the live audience experience and the wider reach and impact of the festival.
- Development Assistant – supporting the Development team to help them set up and deliver their sponsor and partner events and receptions.
PROJECT TRAINEES IN LONDON
There will be a briefing meeting for Project Trainees on Monday 8 January.
Following this, candidates will be required to be available from Thursday 11 January – Tuesday 23 January. Within that time, you will work 12 full days/evenings.
Times will vary depending on the allocated roles each day.
Training workshops and discussions for Project Trainees will be scheduled during the above period.
The fee for 12 days within the period Thursday 11– Tuesday 23 January is £71.40 per day / £856.80 in total.Project Trainees will need to be from the London area, and be willing to travel to various locations across the city. No accommodation or travel expenses are provided.
WANT TO APPLY?
Please complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities form and send these by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Louise Dennison with ‘Project Trainee Application’ in the subject heading.
Closing date for applications: Monday 11 December, 11am.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 14 or Friday 15 December in our London office, details to be confirmed nearer the time.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone or e-mail.
Artichoke is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences – including disabled and ethnic minority candidates.