Tickets are now on sale for an inspiring day of talks, debate and discussion on Friday, 15 November at Gala Theatre, Durham as part of Lumiere Festival.
As part of the 10th anniversary edition of Lumiere in Durham, we’re hosting Learning Curve: Syllabus for the Future, an all-day professional development event exploring approaches to creativity, education and learning. Join us to be inspired and explore new strategies to inspire learning and nurture creativity
- An all-day conference specifically curated for educators and arts professionals
- Talks by a raft of visionary speakers from creative academic and educational fields
- A unique opportunity to network with leading creatives and practitioners in the North East
- Natalie Haynes, writer, broadcaster, classicist and former stand-up comedian
- Kate Clanchy, poet, writer and teacher, best known for her work with resettled children and refugees
- Tom McLeish, Professor of Natural Philosophy, The University of York
- Rachel Armstrong, Professor of Experimental Architecture at the School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape, Newcastle University
- Simon James, Professor of English, Durham University and Principal Investigator, Durham Commission
Additional speakers, including those giving the event’s opening and closing addresses, will be announced in September
- All day, Friday 15 November 2019
- £20 (£10 concessions)
This event is sponsored by Learning Curve Group, the national training and education specialist.
People in receipt of Pension Credit, Universal Credit, Income Support or Job Seekers allowance, Students and disabled people (with free entry for one carer) are entitled to a concession discount.