We’re inviting artists from around the world to respond to the theme ‘A Real Woman’
To date, works exhibited as part of The Gallery have been viewed over 164 million times by people on the streets of the UK. Watch the Season 3 wrap film for an insight into the impact of the project.
Submissions are now open for Season 4. The Gallery is on a mission to spark meaningful conversations through art, and this time, we want your take on: A Real Woman. Apply for the Open Call now.
What does it really mean to be a woman? How do women see themselves – in relation to each other and to the rest of the world?
How does a woman decide the kind of woman she is? Who’s looking? Who’s judging? What insight might the experience of transgender women provide? We want to hear from any artist who identifies in any way, if they feel they have artistic insight to share.
What you get
Artists will be supported to develop and adapt their work for outdoor presentation. They will also receive ongoing mentoring and advice during the process.
Commissioned artists receive:
• A fee of £2,000
• Support from Creative Director Martin Firrell
• Support from our exhibition Curator Bakul Patki
• An international platform to exhibit work including through the dedicated website at thegallery.org.uk
• The services of a designer to format the artwork for digital and print if required
• Costs of production, mounting, and leasing of the advertising spaces
• Selected photographic documentation of the artwork displayed outdoors
• Scheduled online meet-ups with fellow contributing artists and team
• Participation in online discussion regarding making art for the public realm
• Invitation to exhibition launch in May 2024. If based in the UK, standard travel and one night’s accommodation will be included. For artists based outside of the UK, a travel stipend of £200 towards any/all travel expenses, including visa fees and one night’s accommodation is included.
• For those based outside the UK, Artichoke will explore additional means of support towards travel costs where possible (e.g from Embassies, Trusts and Foundations).
Applications close: 23:59 GMT, Sunday 4 February 2024.
Please read or listen to the open call information pack on The Gallery website before applying. We are very happy to answer any questions. Please get in touch if you need:
• Any help with completing your application
• This information in a different format
• To apply in a different format
Mon – Fri, 10:00 -18:00
+44 20 7650 7611
The Gallery is an Artichoke project conceived in collaboration with Creative Director, Martin Firrell In partnership with Clear Channel, JCDecaux, Alight Media, Mass Media, KBH Group, 75Media, Outsmart and Eye Airports