Discover how the fields of science, art and psychology are involved in the creation of a major artwork for Lumiere Durham 2017, supported by Wellcome.
Friday 23rd of June, FMM Building, College Lane Campus, University of Hertfordshire
Hosted by artist Simeon Nelson at the University of Hertfordshire, the day will explore a collaboration between three disciplines that will result in a new artwork, Cosmoscope.
The multiple aspects of this project are linked by questions about the human perspective and situation in the cosmos. From the very small to the very big, it is an exploration of order and disorder. The programme will include presentations from:
- Dr Simon Walker-Samuel Wellcome Trust Senior Research Fellow, UCL Centre for Advanced Biomedical Imaging – Lead Scientific collaborator,
- Dr Richard Bower Professor of Cosmology, Institute for Computational Cosmology, Ogden Centre for Fundamental Physics, Durham University
- Dr Andrew Goodwin Professor of Materials Chemistry at the University of Oxford
- Monia Brizzi London based Chartered Psychologist
- Rob Godman Reader in Music at the University of Hertfordshire – creating music based on the scientific research and the geometry of the sculpture
- Dr Nick Rothwell London based composer, programmer and sound artist
The day will be of interest to mathematicians, physicists, biologists, artists and others who are simply curious to find out more.
Download the document below to find out more and book your ticket.
- Cosmocope Colloquium - DOWNLOAD